Most orthopaedic rehabilitations, after trauma or surgery, follow the same stage:
- Reduce inflammation including decreasing swelling and pain
- Restore joint range of motion by limiting muscle guarding and using passive mobilisation
- Increase muscle strength using different level of exercises (open/close chain, resistance, analytic/functional)
- Enhance proprioception and stability
- Reathletisation (prepare return to sport)
The length of each stage varies in function of the initial injury, patient goals and may overlap.
We offer home visit because we think it is more convenient for Londoners and allow you to rest at the end of the session. But we also consult in our practice located in North london between Kentish town and Camden town.