The constipation and encopresis need to be corrected first if they exist.
Then, the enuresis rehabilitation can start and is composed of:
- Behaviour education: evaluation of the absorption (drink) and elimination (pee) of the child, correction of the bad habits and potential micturition fears, valorisation of the progress
- Non-invasive manual rehabilitation to teach how to engage urethral sphincter
- Biofeedback rehabilitation to help the child to perceive the contraction and relaxation of the sphincter
- Electrostimulation rehabilitation in cases of hyperactive bladder (contraction without reason)
- Abdo-MG method to enhance a good abdominal control
The exam and rehabilitation is always performing under the supervision of a parent to minimise child stress. It is a very important part of the development of the child and the progress need to be acknowledged and encouraged. However, parents and child involvement are crucial to reach positive outcomes.
We offer home visit because we think it is more convenient for parents and your child is in a comfy, known place. But we also consult in our practice located in North london between Kentish town and Camden town.