As specified in the name, passive mobilisations are passive techniques which mean the patient is relax and only the therapist produce movement. They respect the joints range of motions, are pain free and often associated with traction distraction movement to increase joints vascularisation and drainage.
Passive mobilisation intend to:
- Increase joint range of motion
- Decrease adhesion and stiffness
- Improve lymphatic drainage
- Limit compensation due to fear avoidance
They are especially efficient for:
- Post-surgery rehabilitation (knee, hip, shoulder, etc.)
- Joint pain due to trauma, osteoarthrosis or inflammation
We offer home visit because we think it is more convenient for Londoners and allow you to rest at the end of the session. But we also consult in our practice located in North london between Kentish town and Camden town.